August 16, 2011
The Trustworthiness of Beards
This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 16th, 2011 at 5:03 am and tagged with Beards and posted in Random. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Lover of books. Film enthusiast. Art appreciator. Advocate of good music.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- "A room without books is like a body without a soul." ~ G.K. Chesterton
- "Nobody ever outgrows Scripture; the book widens and deepens with our years." ~ Charles H. Spurgeon
- "God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing." ~ C. S. Lewis
- "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him" ~ John Piper
- "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." ~ C.S. Lewis
- “The happiness of the creature consists in rejoicing in God, by which also God is magnified and exalted” ~ Jonathan Edwards
- "I take it that the highest proof of Christ’s power is not that he offers salvation, not that he bids you take it if you will, but that when you reject it, when you hate it, when you despise it, he has a power whereby he can change your mind, make you think differently from your former thoughts, and turn you from the error of your ways." ~ C.H. Spurgeon
- "A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent." ~ John Calvin
- “All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crown-less again shall be king.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien